IF RETURNING FROM OUTSIDE CANADA
GO STRAIGHT HOME PLEASE DO NOT ENTER
The Federal Government of Canada has implemented the Quarantine Act 2020 to mandate that anyone entering Canada must go into self-isolation for 14 days. This mandate applies to Canadians returning to the country and is effective immediately. We will be happy to serve you in 14 days, for now, you are required to go straight home.
Cross-border truck drivers and other essential workers are not required to self-isolate upon return to Canada. We would ask that you practice “social-distancing” and keep 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others.
The health and well-being of our team members and the public is dependent on everyone doing their part.
FREE COFFEE FOR TRUCK DRIVERS EVERY WEDNESDAY
April 15-July 1
ONroute will offer FREE MEDIUM COFFEE/BEVERAGE to truck drivers at all 23 ONroute plazas every Wednesday from April 15-July 1, 2020 to show appreciation for their tireless efforts to maintain the provincial and national supply chain during COVID-19. ONroute is proud to support the essential services provided by so many truckers during this time and hope this small token of appreciation demonstrates our gratitude for the many ways they are helping our province and country during this challenging time.
Updated May 22, 2020
To our ONroute customers
Our team continues to prioritize the health and safety of our employees and customers employees amidst COVID-19, ensuring we are offering safe and clean to work and to stop.
ONroute is considered an essential business in accordance with the Government of Ontario’s list of designated essential workplaces and, as such, all 23 travel plazas remain open offering 24/7 access to washrooms, fuel, parking and food/beverage via take-out, grab and go, and drive-through services. All indoor dining and seating areas are closed in accordance with the Government of Ontario’s State of Emergency direction.
As of Friday, May 22, our dedicated outdoor greenspaces and picnic areas are re-opened to the public. Please continue to practice social distancing by maintaining 6ft of space while using these areas.
• As of today, we offer the following operational hours at our plazas:
• Public washrooms remain open 24/7
• Fuel pumps and convenience stores are operating 24/7
• Tim Horton’s and the Market are operating 24/7
• Starbucks, where applicable, are operating from 8am until 3pm
• Other food brands have varying options, with most plaza locations offering additional food services between 11am and 7pm
• All New York Fries (Pizza Pizza, Swiss Chalet and KFC? TBC) locations have been temporarily closed
• Transport truck parking remains available 24/7
• Greenspaces and picnic areas at all 23 plazas have been re-opened to the public
We have numerous precautionary measures in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our plazas. We also continually monitor for updates from the Government of Ontario (ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus) and the World Health Organization and adjust our policies and protocols as needed. Our current precautionary measures include, but are not limited to:
• Enhanced existing cleaning and sanitation measures
• Increased frequency of our cleaning and disinfecting routines
• Re-trained and continually re-emphasizing proper hand-washing protocols with our team members
• Closed all dining/seating areas
• Moved to cashless transactions, accepting debit and credit for purchases
• Installed plexi-glass shields at our point-of-sale systems
• Providing gloves for employee use in serving customers
• Providing masks for employee use
• Increased signage to ensure appropriate social distancing for the public in our plazas
• Implemented new queue protocols to increase distance from counter staff
• Temporarily removed our children’s play areas
• Replaced all plastic trays with only take-out bags
• Moved all cream/sugar stations behind the counter
• Ensuring a separation of duties for employees handling cash and those handling food and beverages, with dedicated cashiers who handle cash only and dedicated food and beverage expeditors who handle and package food, where feasible; or, on shifts where staffing is lower, we require employees to change gloves between tasks
We also actively take the temperatures of employees and ask screening questions before every shift, and continue to advise all employees who feel unwell to stay home. Consistent with advice from local and national health authorities, we also require employees who have traveled recently to self-isolate at home. ONroute has waived any requirement to produce a doctor’s note during this time and we are actively working with our employees to monitor their well-being, support them during time away from work, and assist in managing their return when appropriate to do so.
We also ask all customers who feel unwell to stay home and ask those who have traveled recently to self-isolate at home for 14 days before visiting us again.
ONroute is a proud supporter of the essential services provided by our trucking and supply chain sectors, and proud to be there for all those who must travel across Ontario during this time. If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Ryan at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding and for making ONroute a part of your journey.
Chief Executive Officer