IF RETURNING FROM OUTSIDE CANADA
GO STRAIGHT HOME PLEASE DO NOT ENTER
The Federal Government of Canada has implemented the Quarantine Act 2020 to mandate that anyone entering Canada must go into self-isolation for 14 days. This mandate applies to Canadians returning to the country and is effective immediately. We will be happy to serve you in 14 days, for now, you are required to go straight home.
Cross-border truck drivers and other essential workers are not required to self-isolate upon return to Canada. We would ask that you practice “social-distancing” and keep 2 metres (6 feet) apart from others.
The health and well-being of our team members and the public is dependent on everyone doing their part.
Updated March 30, 2020
To our ONroute customers
Our priority amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19 continues to be the health and safety of our customers who rely on ONroute, ensuring you have somewhere safe and clean to stop on your journey.
ONroute is considered an essential business in accordance with the Government of Ontario’s list of designated essential workplaces released on March 23, 2020. As such, all of our 23 travel plazas REMAIN OPEN for take-out, grab and go, and drive-through services. All dining and seating areas are closed in accordance with the Government of Ontario’s State of Emergency direction.
We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously. It is why we have already implemented a number of precautionary measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our plazas, and why we continue to continue to re-assess new information and adjust our policies and protocols as needed.
For example, we have recently moved to cashless transactions until further notice and continue to accept both debit and credit at all 23 locations to ensure our customers have a choice in how to pay for food and beverage services. We are also in the process of installing plexi-glass shields at our point-of-sale systems and expect that to be completed at all plazas this week pending final delivery from our supplier.
As of today, we offer the following operational hours at our plazas:
• Fuel pumps and convenience stores will operate 24/7
• Tim Horton’s and the Market will operate 24/7
• Starbucks, where applicable, will operate from 6am until 4pm
• All other brands will operate from 11am until 7pm, with exception of New York Fries locations which has closed all North American locations
• Our public washrooms will remain open 24/7 for your convenience
• Transport truck parking remains available 24/7
We also remain committed to enforcing all existing precautionary measures, which have included:
• Enhancing our existing cleaning and sanitation measures
• Increasing the frequency of our cleaning and disinfecting routines
• Re-training and continuing to re-emphasize proper hand-washing protocols with our team members
• Closing all dining/seating areas
• Temporary removal our children’s play areas
• Replacing all plastic trays with only take-out bags
• Moving cream/sugar stations behind the counter
• Ensuring a separation of duties for employees handling cash and those handling food and beverages, with dedicated cashiers who handle cash only and dedicated food and beverage expeditors who handle and package food, where feasible; or, on shifts where staffing is lower, we require employees to change gloves between tasks
• Displaying enhanced social distancing requirements for the public in our plazas
• Introducing new queue protocol to increase distance from counter staff
We continue to advise all employees who feel unwell to stay home and require those who have traveled recently to self-isolate at home, consistent with advice from local and national health authorities. ONroute has waived any requirement to produce a doctor’s note during this time and we are actively working with our employees to monitor their well-being, support them during time away from work, and assist in managing their return when appropriate to do so.
We also ask all customers who feel unwell to stay home and ask those who have traveled recently to self-isolate at home for 14 days before visiting us again.
ONroute proudly supports the essential services provided by our trucking and supply chain sectors, and supports all those who must travel across Ontario during this time. We continue to monitor for updates from the Government of Ontario, ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus and the World Health Organization and will continue to assess our practices and procedures in light of new recommendations. If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Ryan at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding and for making ONroute a part of your journey.
Chief Executive Officer